The American Gaming Association (AGA) revealed its latest Hall of Fame inductees on Monday, featuring esteemed figures from the industry:
- Ellen Whittemore: Wynn Resorts’ Executive VP, General Counsel, and Secretary.
- Jim Murren: Ex-chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International.
- Robert Miodunski: Former CEO of American Gaming Systems, ex-president of Alliance Gaming, and current Bally Gaming leader.
- Bill Anoatubby: Respected Chickasaw Tribe Governor.
All four honorees will receive recognition at the exclusive Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas this October. Bill Miller, the President and CEO of AGA, expressed, “These inductees are true trailblazers in the Gaming Industry Hall of Fame. Their significant contributions have brought about positive transformation within the business and the wider community. Bill, Ellen, Jim, and Robert have left an indelible mark on the industry, influencing casino operations, suppliers, regulatory advancements, and tribal gaming. Their inclusion in the Hall of Fame is truly well-deserved.”
The distinguished recipients of the 2023 awards were chosen by an impartial committee comprising Brett Abarbanel, who holds the role of executive director at UNLV’s International Gaming Institute, Jim Allen, who serves as the chairman of Hard Rock International and CEO of Seminole Gaming, Kirsten Clark, the executive director of the International Association of Gaming Consultants, and John Connelly, the CEO of Interblock.
- The inception of the Gaming Industry Hall of Fame dates back to 1989. Last year, the prestigious ranks of the Hall of Fame welcomed distinguished figures including Gavin Isaacs, who holds the esteemed position of Chairman of the Board of Directors at Games Global, Virginia McDowell, the accomplished CEO of Entain and co-founder of Global Gaming Women, and Michael Rumbolz, who serves as the Chairman of the Board of Directors at Everi.
The panel comprised diverse experts, such as Brian Hansberry, Delaware North’s gaming president; Bill Lance, Chickasaw Tribe’s secretary of state; Mark Lipparelli, the International Center for Responsible Gaming’s chairman; Cassie Stratford, Boyd Gaming’s VP of legal operations and compliance and Global Gaming Women’s president and chair; along with Howard Statz, a distinguished senior reporter at The Nevada Independent.
Read the News and Articles section on Bonus Hunting to keep up with the latest news in online gambling.